Kevin and I took a 4 day trip to NY without Cole this past weekend. We consider this our official celebration of our 5 year anniversary, which took place in May. Despite a handful of health issues for me, and a broken bone for Kevin, we decided to make the best of it and it turned out to be just the thing we both needed. It was such a treat to have no schedule, and on top of that, we had sunny, albeit cool, weather the entire trip. It was a busteling place for sure, but exciting to in the middle of the hustle and bustle. Our official Bugaboo count was 14. (If you have no idea what I'm talking about, it is the "it" stroller, which I wanted when pregnant with Cole. Problem is, it's about $800. I will let it go someday, but it's hard when Kevin told me, months after I gave birth that he was going to get me any stroller I wanted.....).
We had a great time together, and it wouldn't have been possible without family like Mom and Dad, Michael and Emily pitching in to watch Cole, and also our good friends Stephanie and Lizzie who helped out the day we left.
Next trip: Hawaii!!
(but probably not for another 5 years.)
2 comments:
What a great post, or series of posts! Great pictures and you guys look great. I am so so thankful you are having a good time!!! I can't wait to hear more.
I just read a great book, FutureShop by Daniel Nissanoff, that has finally allowed me to rationalize buying a Bugaboo which I have also been trying to convince my husbad to buy. The book is about how eBay is going to change the way we shop as society. He says that as it becomes more common for people to sell on eBay then we will eventually invest in more expensive things. He uses the Bugaboo as a prime example. I may spend $700 on it now, but when I sell it a few years down the road I might be able to get $500 for it on eBay. You should definitely read it. (Or tell your husband to!)
Post a Comment