Wednesday, August 02, 2006

July 4





We spent July 4th week in Virginia Beach with the extended Mattix Family. Let me tell you, 17 people total is a lot. But it always seems to work itself out just fine. Dean & fam graciously stayed at their own house for their vacation, but we were able to still spend lots of time together. The Race on the 4th at the YMCA that Dean headed up was lots of fun (I was a bystander, not a participator), and that night we watched more fire works than I have ever seen before. We saw the ones being set off across the canal, as well as the ones on the beach and even the 'big ones' in town. It was really neat. Cole had a terrific time with his cousin's and Kevin and I had a good time relaxing. Cole wasn't a big fan of the beach, so we spent most of our time poolside in the blow up pool we brought, but that was fine by us.
Kevin thoroughly enjoyed challenging anyone to ping pong, but his favorite challenger was Dean. Dean's hockey skills have improved quite impressively, so Kevin takes a great amount of joy in beating him in anything else that he can.
It's already fun to think about next year's trip.
Note: technical difficulty withe the blog, so I'll try adding pictures again soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Kevin did beat me in ping pong. And I am still bitter...... Watch out short stack, I am coming back for you!

Thanks for the kind comments on my hockey ability, and Kevin will be happy to know that last night at pick up I had a complete collapse and ended leaving early...I think I even scored on myself......oh well, there is tommorow...