Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Mark It.

2:01pm

Mark that time and make a note that, miraculously, both my babies are asleep at the same time.
I can still hardly believe I am a mother of two. I'm sure all the mothers of 3, 4, and 5 are laughing at me right now. But that's fine. I find myself enjoying more of the little things with Adison. I was never one to stare into Cole's face for hours in awe. I loved him as a baby, no doubt, but I just wasn't that fluffy type of mama. I do find myself enjoying her moments more, though. And I look forward to her growing up so I can see what kind of personality she will have and I can't wait for her to be old enough to interact with Cole and see how they play together.

Aside from being 2 and bossy, Cole has been a fantastic big brother. He is eager to help, like getting her diaper and informing when Adison is crying and that I should go get her. :) Even on the rough days, there's nothing I'd rather be doing right now. Well, almost nothing.... :)

3 comments:

Quiet & Quirky said...

You are so funny. I always think the second is harder, yet easier in the idea that you are now a mom and the second just verifies it. With the first child, you can be a mom and something else at the same time. However, once there are two, you are outnumbered and your role is now MOM and it is good to attempt to embrace that, even if it is only for a few seconds!! :) I hope Adison grows up to be as beautiful as her mother! :)

Bran said...

I'm glad your babies are sleeping at the same time cause that means we hear more from Sarah and get to see more pics. Yippee!!! Sounds like you have a fun and funny Cole. Love the kitchen. And, I think it's funny that Cole's bossing the dogs around!
love,
B

Anonymous said...

A rare treat indeed! Relax and enjoy it! love, Mom