Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Afternoon Adventure




Kevin was tied up all day monday, so the kids and I set out for a little day trip in D.C. Kevin was nice enough to help get me on the subway, I was nervous about finding the elevator and getting on the train, but once we saw how easy it was, we felt like natives.

Kevin read in the paper that the National Building Museum has a kids play room of just building toys. Legos, blocks, diggers, dump trucks....the stuff a Cole dream is made of.

We got there and it was almost empty (becasue it was beautiful outside) and we enjoyed it for an hour. Next we headed for the National Mall near all the museums. I stopped and bought lunch for us (although I was the only one interested in wolfing down my hot dog in record time.) We ate at the National Sculpture Gardens which has an ice rink in the middle. What a perfect spot. The kids stretched their legs and we watched ice skaters who were enjoying a beautiful day on their breaks, it was really great.

After that we just walked around -- well, I walked around. Cole didn't feel like walking, and if I had let Adison out of the stroller I would have been RUNNING around. We looked at a few monuments and then enjoyed a quiet subway ride home.

I didn't take many pictures, because I only have 2 hands, but it was such a fun afternoon and made me ready for another visit soon.

No comments: