Friday, April 02, 2010

Easter 2010
















This year we decided to go up to the mountains for Easter. That was an odd decision at first, I enjoy going to the Easter service at church. But we sensed our family needed to get away and spend time together, and that we could enjoy sharing the Easter story with the kids sunday morning. We also had the exciting task of planting Christmas tree's on this visit! Fletcher and Nancy have a beautiful piece of land not far from their mountain house and when Kevin suggested the idea of growing some trees, caring for them as a family, Fletcher was on it faster than you could say Tree Lot. It was hard work, and I didn't even do the hardest work (Kevin did: I'm not sure he'll dig another hole again...) and while Adison preferred playing in the car, she played happily and Cole was our right hand man. And it seems there is always time for one thing with Kevin: shooting off a rocket.

I feel like everything I want to say about the mountains I've said 50 times over by now, but we just love it every time. This visit we went on a waterfall hike for the first time, made delicious s'more's, and had an easter egg hunt. Just looking at these pictures makes me want to start a camp fire.

No comments: