Saturday, October 23, 2010

Supper Club Costume Party





Kevin and I joined a supper club this year with 6 other couples. As soon as sign ups went around, I knew I wanted October. I have been trying for years. YEARS. to get Kevin host a costume party here at the house around Halloween. Kevin isn't keen on dressing up, so I never got the green light. Until this year.

By far, the hardest part of hosting a costume party with you and 12 of your closest friends is this: choosing your couples costume.

We went through several drafts, and there were some tense moments. In the end, we went with Sonny & Cher. Predictable? Yes. But I found an authentic Hawaiian Mumu at the Goodwill, shortened it, and a couples costume was born.

I love to think about putting a party together, specifically the decor. I wanted to go even over the top with decorations, but time didn't really permit. Overall, I was really happy with the way it turned out. On of my favorite parts was these hanging walls of lights we got at Ikea. We used them outside on the deck and it put off a nice glow.

Every couple had such fun costumes on, it was a great night. I'm hoping I can do it again next year. But I need to start thinking costumes now......

No comments: