Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Sowing the Seeds of Love




...Maybe.

Target had a cute lavendar kit for Valentine's day and we decided to get it. So late last week Cole and I had a little garden time indoors, even though it was chilly outdoors. We planted some in this little pot and the rest outside in the front yard. I don't think he really got what we were doing, but he did enjoy working the dirt. :) We put the pot on his window sill so it can get lots of sun and we'll see what happens.

The unfortunate thing for Cole is that his parents are lacking in green thumb skills. We've managed to kill even the plants that require almost no work. Like bamboo. Twice. But I have high hopes for this little lavendar pot, and if it sprouts we'll plant it outside once it reaches 3 inches. I like the idea of growing things with him and seeing them change along with seeing him change. Plus it would be nice to have more lavendar around the house.

March 16th Update: It never bloomed, and neither did what I planted in the yard......oh well. :)

No comments: