Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Road Trip



I have been a slacker posting, I know this. So now I'm updating with several posts.

A few weeks ago we took a road trip up to see Micah & Carine in CT. It was a 12 hour total trip, but honestly it was enjoyable. We managed to miss the traffic through DC, Baltimore and NY. There is so much to see as you drive through, it went by much faster than I thought. And Cole was a champion. He just looked out the window and talked, slept only a little (of course). Kevin's highlight was driving through NY, and having Newark Air Port on the left, watching the huge planes land and the NY City skyline on the right. Nevermind he paid minimal attention to the road at that time....but we survived easily. :)

We had a great time with all the kids; Cole just loved having so many of them around. He pretty much was in heaven with all of Elliot's trucks and cars in the playroom and that's where most of his energy was spent. We were not able to witness any snow, much to my disappointment, but it was definately winter and we saw some flurries.

Carine and I were able to go through one of the little towns one afternoon and look and shops and have some lunch, and that was a real treat. Meanwhile, Kevin and Micah watched all the kiddies, including a special movie time with popcorn.

And as usualy they fed us like kings...poor Kevin, I know he didn't want to come home to my cooking.

No comments: