Friday, May 25, 2007

Apples & Pears



I found some fabric a few months ago, quickly fell in love with it and bought it. It's little apples and pears are so happy, they just remind me of Adison. Since then I have been planning on adventuring into the world of making clothes her. Nothing fancy or difficult. Just simple little dresses. So, today Cole is visiting his grandparents and I decided today I would attempt the dress.

After several mistakes and attempts to either hid them or fix them, a finished product finally appeared. It has oh, so many mistakes, but it is wearable! For a first time, I'm pretty pleased and I am already planning on what I will do differently next time. I think for one, make it with buttons on the shoulders, and make it reversible. I'm already anxious to get going, as the 2nd one should (SHOULD!) take less time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks Great sister! So proud of how you have you have taken on sewing! And who wouldn't want to in that fun sewing room of yours!

Anonymous said...

A very nice job Sarah. Of course you had an excellent model. Grandpa T