I just love my little work room. I've started cutting and preparing several projects at once and then sitting down to sew them another night and it's been lots of fun as I get to finish a couple things right in a row on sewing nights.
Here's the latest:
-Two new bibs for Adison, with appliques on them. One is with the design of the accent fabric simply cut out and attached to the bib. The other is of an "a" (for you know who). I like the way they turned out. I just think the "a" fades a bit in the fabric, but it was still fun to do. I'm practicing my appliques and since she needs bibs (not for eating, mind you, she's still not "into it". Just for the drooling.)
-The second is a dress I've been dying to put together. My mom came over and helped me piece it together, and so I hit the machine right after she left, and I'm pretty pleased with my first attempt at buttons and button holes. My model went to bed early, so pictures of her wearing it will follow soon.
I don't mean to get all deep or mushy, but this little pink and white room of mine is such a gift. It's a quiet haven (or a loud one, if I want to listen to MY music) where I can just work away, singing along outloud. It's also a chance to use the mind a little. Not that sewing is some genius-level activity, but in these days of raising little ones it is a nice opportunity to practice a craft, learning new things each month and tap into a creative side that is usually reserved for how to get one young boy to put his underware on or get a little lady to open her mouth and eat something. Anything. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment