Sunday, August 19, 2007

My New Favorite Thing



As soon as I finished painting the kitchen, I knew there was a spot that would be perfect for hanging pictures. I wanted something that was fluid, that I could change out pictures often with. As luck would have it, Kevin was rooting through some (ok, many) unpacked boxes and bumped into a wire curtain rod system we had purchased years ago. As he opened it up and started putting it together, we soon found that one tiny little part was missing. The bad news: we bought it in switzerland, and after scouring Home Depot we found we couldn't replace it. Well, surely we (meaning Kevin) could build something like this, right? How hard could it be? Isn't this what the internet was made for? A quick search found instructions and a supply list. We changed it up just a little, and used these clips (purchased at the same time as the curtain wire, so glad I saved them. And by the way, you can do a ton of super cool stuff with them.) to hold the picture and some paper clips to hang them.
I think we'll hang a variety of sizes, but for starters I'm just using what I had printed this weekend. This now takes our picture total in the house from one, to nine! Maybe by next week I'll have some up in the family room.

1 comment:

M.B.S. said...

Cute idea! And by the way, I love the orange walls!