Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Under the Weather


Adison came down with Hand-Foot-Mouth disease this weekend; what a horrible name for a virus...but what it amounts to is very high fevers, and little sores inside her mouth and some on her hands and feet (hence the name....).

I think she's past it now for the most part, with only a few spots left on her hand. And her mood is in full swing, buzzing around the house. Unfortunately for Cole, he caught it yesterday and spent a miserable day on the couch, and had to put up with his parents trying to get his 103 fever down most of the night. Thankfully his fever is mostly gone, although is appetite is still meager. And he has to deal with a sister who is dying to play with "O!" A crazy couple of days that left us stuck at home while Dean and Chris were in town. But I think it's on the way out.

Neither of these kids is much of a snuggler, so here's a picture of Adison resting on Daddy's chest in the middle of her fever.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear about that yucky virus. What a sweet picture, though. I'm glad it is on the way out...I hope it never comes back!

Carine said...

To me, this is the beauty of childhood and of parenthood, for that matter, on either side, you feel that you are the lucky one.