Monday, June 09, 2008

I Finally Did It.


The I'm-Going-To-NY-In-June-Dress I wanted to make turned out to be a I'll-Just-Wear-It-Around-The-House-Dress.

Mom and I gave it our best effort, but it required so many alterations to get it to work on me, it ended up being kind of a traffic jam of seams and raw edges on the inside and it kind of showed.

Enter Kwik Sew 3599. First of all, I found Kwik Sew's pattern so MUCH easier to read and understand. I got a couple yards of fabric in a few weeks ago and I had two patterns on the list to try. I decided on the Kwik Sew because it really seemed easy.

And it was!!

I started it Sunday afternoon and finished it (minus the bottom hem) this morning during nap time. I am LOVING this dress. I need to tweak a few things next time I make one -- which will be soon, I assure you -- and make it just a tad longer, as it's not Playground with the kids material, but I am totally loving it and loving the fabric and feeling quite proud of myself for actually making an item of clothing for me.

Can't think of a great name for this dress right now but I'm working on it.

4 comments:

mamawest777 said...

Love the dress!!! You look adoreable!

Unknown said...

Great job! I'm very impressed. You do look so cute in it:)

The Schwenk Chronicles said...

It is perfect for NY in the summer! Have a fabulous time! Take tons of pic's! - Andra

diane said...

so cute! Of course it's orange! LOVE it