Thursday, February 21, 2008

I'm-Going-To-New-York-In-June Dress



I've decided to give any clothes I make for myself a name, like in the movie The Waitress.

I am, indeed, going to New York City in June with my friend of over 15 years, Dana, her cousin and a friend. This will be my very first extended trip without kids or Kevin (5 days! I will be missing them after 24 hours...) I'm very excited to be able to take such a fun trip, not only to New York, but with such a great friend.

Of course, I'll need something to wear while I'm there. I'd been looking for a pattern that captured this flowy trend out right now and I found this easy 2-hour (meaning 7 hour for me) pattern a few weeks ago.

Fast forward a week later when I receive the J. Crew catalog in the mail and as I'm flipping through see the very dress I plan to make.

I immediately:

1. Swell with pride as I realize that I am still up on the trends, even though I rarely participate in them.

2. Tell Kevin I have just saved him EIGHTY-NINE dollars.

I think -- if it goes well -- I will make two of these. One in a soft blue grey, and another either in green or a pattern. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: