Tuesday, February 05, 2008

I'm a Hockey Expert



Ok. I'm not.

BUT I did got to the Carolina Hurricanes "Hockey University" class. It's a 2 night "course" where you basically get the chance to see the insides of the hockey world a bit and learn more about the game. The same lovely lady who always gives us tickets, invites us to the eat-with-a-player lunch offered to take myself and Kevin's secretary to this course.

We hit the ice the first night: no pictures of that, sorry. I'd rather break my arm and leg than break my camera. I got some instruction from one of the assistant coaches and a compliment:

Assistant Coach Kevin McCarthy: "you look like you've been skating for awhile"

Sarah: (blushing, but secretly thrilled): "actually it's been quite awhile...."

Then we took some shots. I accidently hit another classmate.

Assistant Coach Kevin McCarthy: "oops!!"

And finally we had the opportunity for a penalty shot against our mascot Stormy (stop laughing). I scored, but only because Stormy was accidentaly facing the net instead of the shooter.

We also had the chance to tour the locker room and that was a big thrill for me. Here's a picture of Cam Ward's locker, and all his hats. It was a great time, and although it wasn't quite as in depth as we'd thought, it was still so fun.

But the best part? As we were leaving we passed the Ranger's equipment which had just been unloaded. In an effort to put some bad ju-ju out (hurricanes need all the help they can get these days) I licked my finger and wiped my spit on a Ranger's bag. Why? I have no idea.

But we won that night.

1 comment:

diane said...

HILARIOUS about the "bad juju",...