Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Brother Michael



When we lived in Arkansas, every pastor in the Baptist Church was called "Brother" instead of preacher, pastor, etc....

A few weekends ago Michael was ordained and will be serving as head pastor of a church just outside of Winston-Salem. We were able to attend his ordination ceremony and it was not only a treat to se where he and Emily will be serving, but also to meet some of the people who attend and support the church. We just could not have felt more welcome, and they threw an incredible luncheon following the service. There was so much food, I am not kidding when I say they probably could have fed the whole town.

Having just spent a few hours there, we are so excited to see where the Lord has placed them to serve and to get a feel for the wonderful, welcoming community that they will be a part of.

But I dont' think they're going to call him Brother Micheal. I should have started that during that luncheon...

No comments: