Tuesday, February 05, 2008

That's a Zamboni





And that's me on it!

I still cannot believe it, as I have wanted to know how you get to ride it in between periods for YEARS. At the class, the finaly activity was a drawing and they gave away 3 autographed pictures and the Zamboni ride (actually, it's an Olympia, but I like to call it the Zamboni anyway -- my sister in law calls it the Ice Tractor, which I'm starting to like even more).

So little Sally Spillman got her name drawn out of a hat and just like that dreams are made. :)

Kevin was able to come to the game that night too, and 10 minutes into the 2nd period they took us down to ice level, behind the opposing goalie to watch the rest of the period. We scored, which was exciting.

Next thing you know I'm up on the zambonie with the PR guy yelling at me "Smile and wave! You have to smile and wave!!!"

It was a little unnerving at first to make eye contact with hundreds of people -- I assumed they'd be looking at me, but not right into my eyes -- but it was so fun to sit and take it all in. It was over quick, but Kevin snapped some great pictures!

3 comments:

Carine said...

Finally the pictures!!! Couldn't wait to see those. Eloïse asked if you did that when you were a little girl... just take it as a compliment on how young you look on those pics.

Bran said...

that's awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

You know this is now the end of all playground disputes. "Oh yeah?! Well MY MOM rode the Zamboni at a Hurricanes game!"