Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Busy Girl





Adison is 15 months now, and she is truly a busy, busy girl. She is constantly on the move, and is usually literally moving something from one place to another. Daily she will empty out the bottom drawer in the kitchen of all the kids sippy cups and bowls. She used to just put them on the floor, but now I'll find them in baskets of toys, inside their toy kitchen, under the table, in another drawer in the kitchen...

So one evening a few weeks ago I noticed her carrying around some shoes. (We keep a lot of our shoes all lined up at the front door.) And at the same time I noticed this, I realized there was a growing pile of shoes on the couch. Sure enough, Adison was moving all the shoes from the entryway onto the couch. I wish I had video of it. She was working REALLY hard.

She loves to make little sounds when she's doing things like this, and tonight it was her mouth in the shape of "o" breathing heavy. Almost like choo-choo but without the "ch".

She was thrilled for herself when she finished. And immediately started putting them back.

1 comment:

diane said...

at least she picks up after herself! That's fantastic!