Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Cole's Preschool Graduation






What a big day!

Cole's preschool graduation was a special day. It was bittersweet since we have enjoyed his years there and also because he had a very special connection to his teachers, Miss Beth and Miss Sherry this year.

Cole asked to wear his flip flops to the graduation. I said yes, it's the last day and he's not allowed to wear them at preschool normally. I think he's pulling off a pretty cool J. Crew vibe with this outfit.

They sang a "favorite" song for each month as part of the ceremony. Cole has stuck to his guns about not singing in front of people. He will stand there, pay attention, be quiet...but sing? No. I even told him, this is the LAST time you will sing here. All the mama's are watching THEIR own kids, only Mama is looking at you. Please! But no.

It's like a mad-house there with all the parents and camera's and everyone is vying for the perfect spot so I took Adison and sat in the middle of the isle so I could get a picture of him getting his diploma. The only way to keep her quiet was to let her take a picture of me -- well, my shoes.

As the kids names were called and they walked to get their diploma from their teachers, they announced what that child said he/she wanted to be when they grew up.

Cole's answer? A hockey player.

I was glowing with pride.

2 comments:

Diana said...

May 19th? Did I read that right? Just wondering...... : )

Sarah said...

Yeah. I'm dating them by the correct date (even though it's months late...)so it'll be correct when I print it out in a book. :)