This is a big day. A very big day. Cole is starting kindergarten at Lynn Road Elementary. There's the usual flood of emotion I'm sure all mothers feel when they drop their kids off for that first day, and I definitely felt them (although I managed not to blubber and tear up as I dropped him off).
Cole is usually slightly hesitant about new things, so I was bracing myself for a difficult transition since we'd only been inside this school on one other occasion. On the contrary: he walked in like he'd been going for months, sat down, and said goodbye.

(update 12-30-2009)
He has two wonderful teachers, Mrs. Wisniewski and her assistant Mrs. Rushton. They are such loving, encouraging women and Cole took right to them. Cole is thriving in his class. He simply cannot get enough books, particularly space books and is a good friend to his classmates. I'm so proud of him. Here's his picture from this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment