Thursday, May 03, 2007

Just the Beginning....



The 4th bedroom in our house downstairs has been claimed as my sewing room. Not that I do all that much sewing, right now, but I hope to, and soon.

Tonight Kevin had a boys night out and I had the evening to myself. A few weeks ago, I found some easy instructions for some lounge pants on the web. I've been dying to try them out and see if I could swing it. So! Once the kids were in bed, I got started. I have to admit, once everyone was in bed, I seriously considered watching TV, but I told my friend Dana that day that I was going to do it and since she has heard me say that a million times on as many occasions, I decided to follow through.

Step one: Rifle through all my unpacked boxes (since the desk is the only finished thing in the room) to find all my suplies.

Step two: Turn on some good music

Step three: sew!

I think I made a little mistake, but all in all I was really happy how the little lounge pants turned out. I put a little fabric on the onesie to match, and Kevin came in at the last minute to give me some pointers.

The finished product was a little too tight on Adison, so I'll have to make a larger pair, but it was so quick and easy I look forward to getting started on them.

Tomorrow or friday, I'm going to make some for Cole! (but not in pink)

1 comment:

Bran said...

Awesome! I love the lounge pants!!!