Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Day at the Beach







Mom and Dad took a little mini-vacation to the beach recently and were sweet enough to invite me and the kids up during the week. We just stayed one night, but it was such a wonderful time. Something about the beach is so soothing and relaxing. You're just forced to do nothing, in a wonderful way.

Dad spent HOURS with Cole, in the frigid water, building sandcastles, taking him for walks and ice cream, and most importantly listening to all the things Cole has to say.

Mom had food stocked for our visit, all our favorites and helped me make the dress I've been wanting to attempt for so long, and wrangled Adison on the beach so I could play with Cole a little.

The kids thoroughly enjoyed it. Cole wanted to be splashing in the water all the time...and it was cold! Adison was fearless, running into the water, falling face first, coming up gasping for air and then heading right back in. I remember Cole doing the same thing at about that age.

We came back refreshed and ready for more beach time!

1 comment:

Bran said...

SO fun! You take such great pictures! I love them. You can come down to "our beach" anytime and stay with us.

Love our "S" shirt...picture coming soon. You're awesome.