Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Snack Time

A few weeks ago while Cole was at preschool, Adison was enjoying her snack. I always try to have her sit down, usually on the stairs for her snack. Not that she stays put...

This day I realized she was really plowing through the graham cracker sticks while I was cleaning the kitchen. But when I stopped and took in what was happening, I realized I was taking part in a little Adison game.

1. Ask for a snack ("Peee! Peeee!") Point at exactly what you want.


2. Wait for that snack patiently, but also make sure the snack-giver knows how incredibly patient you are waiting. This is best acheived through some serious non-verbal eye-work.


3. Eat your snack


4. Correction: eat HALF your snack, and put the rest of it safely in the play kitchen.
For later. Or maybe, for one of the doggies to stumble upon.

No comments: