Sunday, December 12, 2010

It's Birthday Time



I love my birthday. Not in an 'it's-all-about-me' type of way, I just love having a day all your own where you have a little hop in your step. Maybe it's because I have such great birthday traditions. Mine are:

-Getting cake from Edible Art. Always chocolate. Always with vanilla buttercream frosting. Always eat it for breakfast (and sometimes lunch....) until it's gone.

-My mother calling me and telling me I was born on a "cold, snowy night...No one could come to the hospital it was so snowy...my first girl"

-Kevin's mom calling and singing me 'Happy Birthday' the second I say "Hello?"

-Did I mention the cake? I have a different idea for a color scheme every year. Sweet Kevin obligingly listens to my little preference and dutifully makes the call to order it.

This year I got a bike for my birthday with room on the back to put a basket. I cannot wait to try it out!

No comments: