Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Preschool Christmas Program



We're going on year 5 of this Christmas program. It is the same. Every. Year. I'm not saying it's a bad thing; by the time the kids get to the 4 year old class, they actually know all the songs.

This was Adison's second year in the program and this year the 3 year olds were Shepherds. Adison loves to sing, and so I got there extra early to secure my spot (you'd think it was the Oscar Red Carpet the way some parents act...) to be sure I could actually see my child. (Fun Fact: I once video'd a little girl for 5 minutes before I realized it was not my little curlyhaired Cole.)

Sure enough, the music started and Adison is staring at Miss Patsy, wide-eyed and belting it out dutifully. I love in the picture how she's spotted me and gives me a sweet smile.

After that it was on to the reception and 'special guest' (i.e. Some father who got conned into dressing as Santa). Adison has no fear of people dressed in costumes or mascot. So she trotted right up there, told Santa what she wanted -- something I hadn't heard her say before -- and had her picture taken.

No comments: