
I'm not trying to toot my own horn....I am just really enjoying learning to sew more.
I made this little clutch blanket and burps for a friend's baby shower this weekend, and I was honestly shocked that it actually turned out. I decided to wing-it on the burps, getting the accent fabric at the bottom. It has been such a surprising hobby for me here at home. I never, EVER would have thought I would take it up. It's so fun to find unique fabrics and make things. I have been collecting patterns and have a few more on my list of projects I would like to tackle. Next on the list, though, is getting my spare room finished. The plan is to set up my machine on a high table so I can work while Cole plays in there too. It is a perfect work/play room that has LOTS of windows (4) for such a small room, and it actually has room to function as both. I've decided to ask Kevin for a sewing machine for Christmas/Birthday so I have spent the past few weeks researching machine's online. We bumped into one this weekend which I think might be "the one." It's a Husqvarna Viking brand, which I really have no idea how to even pronounce. But mom tells me she thinks this is the same brand Grandma Mattix uses for her beautiful quilting. So Grandma, if you are reading this, tell me how much you love (or don't) you're machine. I wish we didn't live across the country, and I could be at your house often, sewing together.
Once again, I need to thank my wonderful Mother-in-law, Nancy, for patiently showing me the ropes. Sure I took home economics (twice), but that was 18 years ago. [ Hold on a second.......I'm quietly freaking out as I realize I am old enough to remember something 18 years ago.] Anyway, Nancy was giving of her time and expertise and didn't laugh at me once. :) She also has a killer machine she lets me come use whenever I ask her.
I could go on and on about sewing plans....but I need to get to work on Carine's tote, so Mom and Dad can deliver it to her this weekend. Ta-ta for now.
4 comments:
looks great sarah. toot your horn - you have a talent that is unique and you are loving to do it! That is something special indeed!! :)
Didnt you fail home economics... twice?
you're such a pro. looks great!
I never fail at anything. Except math. I'll admit to that.
Post a Comment