Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Party of Four


This weekend we had a rare occurance, 2 boxers and 2 weiner dogs at the house. We were watching Buddy for my parents, and they in turn were watching Daisy for my brother, Dean. I hoped it would go well, and actually it went really well. Note: I am not suggesting that you go out and buy four dogs. Buddy has been here before, so nothing new there. Daisy, though, hadn't visited in quite sometime, and she hadn't had much time with Bou & Irbe. She was timid at first, basically just standing next to her food bowl. Maybe it was because it was a new house, maybe it was because Bou kept chasing after her like a squeaky (JUST KIDDING CHRIS.) but by the weekend everyone was old pals. They would just all four go outside and sniff around, basically piddling 1/4" next to the spot where another dog had just piddled. Exciting stuff. Here's the best picture I could capture of the 4 of them. I'm proud to say my dogs actually came through for me, sitting for this picture when asked.....you can see that Buddy & Daisy aren't quite as, how can I say this delicately?....smart.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buddy loved it and has been missing B&I since he left. I think Daisy also is sad, so they want to return for an e x t e n d e d visit.

we will keep Cole in the interim.

Dad

Anonymous said...

I believe the Dachs are as smart (their peanut sized skulls have lots of potential).

Bou and Irbe are obviously expecting some sort of food "treat", while Buddy and Daisy KNOW that nothing of the sort is forthcoming.

dad

Dean said...

All I can say is, we all know who the pack dog is. I would not be bragging about your dogs "smartness" if they give a 7 poung black rat (Daisy) first food.

Sarah said...

Well, I prefer to think of my dogs as "sensitive" in the Daisy situation. Bou gets her feelings hurt quite easily.