Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Thankful


Here is my Thanksgiving post, a little late. We had a great long weekend. We spent a beautiful thanksgiving day on the "Spillman Farm" in High Point together with Kevin's family. It seems like every year we get a gorgeous day out there. The sun was out, the sky was blue, it could not have been better. We also pick up our tree from the farm on thanksgiving day, which is a tradition I'm going to miss when Spillman's Christmas Tree's officially retires next year. But I video taped it this year, so Cole can see how much fun we have.
The rest of the weekend was spent in Raleigh, here at home and at mom and dad's. Dean and Chris were in town and we were able to go to an exciting hockey game together. I think we say it every year, but it's really true that we are blessed with our wonderful family on both sides. And of course my wonderful Kevin and Cole, who make each day better.
This month, after a particularly rough week, a verse really hit home with where my thankfullness should be:

Psalm 90:14-15
14 Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love,
that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.

15 Make us glad for as many days as you have afflicted us,
for as many years as we have seen trouble.

I wish every day were a picnic, but unfortunately, it's not. I was reminded this month, though, that my satisfaction doesn't come from the events of each day. It comes from the love God has shown me. And it's for this reason alone, that I should be thankful for each day I have, be it "afflicted" or not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true! One of my favorites as well. love, mom

Quiet & Quirky said...

Great post Sarah. Only the Lord can have the sense of humor to teach us at the strangest times!