Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Barista Java


Isn't that what you call the people at Starbucks' who work the espresso machine? Well, sign me up. Kevin was out of town last night and today, and I was on my own for coffee. So after a brief refresher on our machine, I gave it a go. Aside from a slight mis-hap with the milk steamer, it couldn't have gone more smooth. And let me tell you, that was one good latte.
(WAY better than Dean's and his 'home made' syrup. Just buy it like normal people, Ok?)
I think I'm going to go make myself a green apron.....

4 comments:

Dean said...

Oh Sister Sarah... I must admit that is a fine looking latte or mocha you have there... But, I must caution you that you are tredding in dangerous waters..... I am going to chalk it up to youthful bliss (I am older you know) and disregard your comment about my home-made syrup as misguided and shortsighted. But if you would like to go mono to mono in an espresso froth off, I would say BRING IT ON SISTER! Cause I will froth your little keister like it was a watered down skim milk that somebody microwaved... (thats called an espresso smack down). And in case any of you other sibblings get any ideas. I just want to go on record as saying that as of now I consider myself the espresso champion. (Those with pods need not apply..) Love Dean.... P.S. I will be asking for forgiveness for my pride tonight..

Sarah said...

well we'll just see. There might be a froth off at Christmas.....until then, I'll contine to hone my skills. I'm sure word will get out and I"ll have people lining up outside my door on their way to work asking for a tall latte..

Anonymous said...

What's this? Sounds like an "Iron Espresso" challenge over the holidays. While you "sisssies" make your 'lattes', the real espresso king (the old man) will be taking you down with the only true caffiene killer, the TALL DOUBLE VOLT.

and what is this bias against modern technology: the pod, especially from those enamoured with pods (as in ipod).

get your espresso steamers ready.
dad

Sarah said...

It's Go Time.
But only one of us will be wearing a green apron. Talk about intimidation.....