
Here we have Cole with his first take-home craft from Preschool. He calls it "for eyes", which is funny since 'four eyes' also applies. He wore it all around his neck this morning and then got a few good laughs at himself looking at me through his little binoculars.
He seems to be enjoying preschool more and more. I think he's always liked his teachers, Ashley and Kim as he asks about them the minute I pick him up to take him home, "Where's Miss Ash-eh-ley" (he says her name in 3 sylables). Some days, however he's reluctant to go ("all done school today"), and sometimes when I pick him up and ask him about school he refuses to talk about it. I think it's just a busy morning twice a week and he's probably ready to just let down on the way home.
Drop off time had been a bit traumatic, but we are finding a little system that works for us. We pray either before we leave the house or in the car on the way about his day at school outloud together, and then he's reminded that when I pick him up, there will be a Chocolate Milk waiting in his little cup holder in his car seat for him.
What's really interesting is that each day he mentions another one of the kids in his class, and so far he hasn't mentioned the same kid twice. So either these other 2 year olds are actually befriending each other, or they are bothering each other. :) The moms of the class are getting together next week after we all drop the kids off and I look forward to meeting them. Honestly I'm just happy to go through the year anonymous, but it's good for me to step outside the comfort zone and really get to know other mothers in his class.
All in all I think it's a great thing for Cole, and for me, although the adjustment has been harder than I anticipated. I figured 3 hours free twice a week would be party-time but I find I miss my little boy and wish I could be a fly on the wall, watching him interact with others in a social environment without his mother around. But the time before baby has been valuable and will be even more so after her arrival.
1 comment:
It'll be interesting to meet the other mothers, I bet! Have fun!
Post a Comment