Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Baby Bedding


While I'm not completely done, I dont' have the patience to wait until the finished product to post my latest venture. I'm making a bumper for the crib in a fabric that matches the room and I'm halfway there. I went ahead and put it on the crib to see how it looked and it's fun to see something take shape! This was a great and easy project I bought forever ago where the bumper pad inserts are pre-cut and ready for you to basically just cut some rectangles out and sew around them. It's taken a little time to measure all the pieces since it doesn't come with a pattern, but I'm pretty happy with the results. The little pink bows add a girly touch to the crib without over-doing it. I have the same fabric in a 'boy' pattern of blue and green that I'll use to make a pillow case for Cole's "blue bed" as we call it. I still have a few more finishing touches planned for the room, so maybe I can hold out now until it's all done before I post again. :)

2 comments:

Bran said...

It's so beautiful! Another nice creation...Sarah, can I please havae sewing lessons when we return!!!???!!!

Can't wait to see the rest!

Quiet & Quirky said...

Looks great Sarah. Beautiful!