




This weekend Kevin and I got out our "To Do" lists and set out to tackle a good portion of it. We got a lot done, which felt really great!!
First on our list was painting Cole / Baby Girl's room a lighter green on the top half to lighten the Lime-Factor in there. I still have all the decorations to put up, including the bumper (which still needs to be made: but fabric is on order!), and I think it's all going to come together just great. A great happy room for both of them.
Next I painted a 'chalkboard' with chalkboard paint in the sewing / play room. I had been wanting to try this for awhile. I haven't used chalk on it yet, b/c you're supposed to wait 3 days so tomorrow will be the big try.
Kevin also put up a magnetic strip for Cole's pictures above the drawing area.
And finally, the Outdoor Taskmaster (Kevin) moved some plants to the back yard and made a beautiful border for it. It looks so finished, I wish I had a before picture, it was really quite yucko. He further surprised me by buying a Hydrandgea plant, which we've been wanting to get for quite some time. We refer to this plant as our '3rd Baby' because we really want this pretty thing to survive and blossom.
The funny thing is all this was done to "get ready for the baby" and pretty much none of it is necessary for bringing a baby home, but it feels good to have some projects done. :)
1 comment:
The room looks great Sarah. There is such a sense of accomplishment when you get those 'tasks' done that you have been wanting to do for a while! I like the two tones of the green - very good!
Post a Comment