This fall, the sale has grown so popular there simply wasn't room for a table so I would be selling my things in the middle of all the other clothes. At first I was disappointed not to be able to offer the full line of what I make, but then I was excited to try my hand at a couple of new things: specifically skirt sets and pillowcase dresses.
I had been wanting to try these out for awhile, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity to see how they would sell.
In typical Sarah fashion, I waited until 7 days before the sale to begin making everything. (I work better under pressure, that's just how it is...to my credit I made 12 headbands 2 weeks before that).
Kevin truly kicked it up a notch, watching the kids from the second he stepped home from work and then doing bedtime duty after I broke for dinner. I could not have done it without him. It was exhausting, spending literally every free minute during the day and night sewing, but seeing fabrics come together in an outfit truly was so exciting.
I went to pick up what was left last Saturday and everything but 3 headbands and 1 skirt set had sold. I was thrilled on so many levels: my stuff held it's own next to some big name brands and won over a few of them, my hunch at what I thought would sell well did, and then it was simply gratifying to know that all that hard work and time given up was not in vain.
Here are a few snapshots of my things before I took them to the sale.



1 comment:
Hey Sarah. I use to go to Central Baptist with your brothers and Chris. :) I just found ur blog on Chris' page. I see that you are very crafty and addicted to fabrics. It made me want to pass some stuff on to you. I don't sew. But someone like you would probably do VERY well making these items I've seen in our area. If you'd like to see them for ideas, email me rushiawallace@yahoo.com. Your stuff is adorable!
Post a Comment