Tuesday, September 02, 2008

A Special Day





My sweet niece, Moriah came for a visit to Grammy's house for the weekend, and she spent all of Saturday with us.

She was such a wonderful help! She loves to take care of kids and the extra pair of hands was really great. We had so much fun going to Target and the pool. And when the kids were napping, she and I worked on a few special projects.

We made barrets using all sorts of buttons that she had picked out (I neglected to take pictures of this...) and she helped me put together some magnets for my store. The most fun, however, was when everyone went to bed and we started work on an apron for her.

Moriah picked out everything for this apron, fabric, buttons, ribbon...and I must say she did a great job putting fabrics together. She also sewed together all of the pockets for it and for a first time, she did FANTASTIC! No hesitation with the machine and was so careful with it.

We were up late....but I had such a good time and I was so happy for her to take something from her day with us home. The only thing I regret is that I didn't get a picture of the two of us!

No comments: