Saturday, October 11, 2008

Finally.


I have tried making myself clothes a couple of times. The I'm-Going-To-New-York-Dress didn't quite pan out. Then there was the un-named replacement for the aforementioned dress. And while it was cute, it still was lacking in fit.

Enter Simplicity 3835. This pattern came out about a year ago and in the sewing/crafting blog world was a big hit. Everyone talked about how easy it was, how cute it was. And the general consensus was that everyone who made this ended up making 2 or 3 of them they loved it so much.

I forgot I had the pattern until recently. After searching my sewing room up and down, I found the pattern. Why did I need this pattern?

Kevin and I were headed to the We Love the Hurricanes Luncheon the next day and I decided I needed something new. Thankfully I've been on a mega-fabric buying kick and was stocked and ready.

2 hours later (that has NEVER happened to me), I actually had a completed shirt. I even took him time, did the right finishing seams on the inside, took time to hem it all pretty. All the things I usually blaze through when I'm excited about doing something new.

I strutted around in it for about 30 minutes and Kevin made me go upstairs and change after I started talking about how you could even put a belt around it (or "belt it" as I like to say) for a different look.

I'm calling this shirt the: I'm-Going-To-Meet-Some-Hockey-Players-Shirt

3 comments:

Gray said...

love the shirt. when i saw it in the post above, i wondered if you made it. it's awesome and super cute...what a great fabric

Bran said...

that was really me...i was logged in as gray

diane said...

LOVE THE SHIRT!! when is your trunk show?? :o)