


Cole's first day of preschool was just after Labor Day. (Yes, I'm late on the posts. Thanks to my husband and friends for the MANY reminders that I need to blog). I took the pictures with my camera phone when I picked him up, not wanting to look like a reporter with my big camera. :)
Cole is going Monday through Thursday mornings this year, which is a big change from Tuesday/Thursday's only the past two years. I was hesitant to send him to school so much, particularly since he is nearing Kindergarten and I knew our time would be much more limited sooner than I'd like.
My fears melted away when I met his teachers this year: Miss Beth and Miss Sherry. Beth has been teaching for 20 years and made a point to say that there is enough pressure on kids early on in school and she was determined to learn but have FUN.
I don't know if it's Miss Beth or the fact that Cole is now very used to preschool, but this year he has talked more about what he's doing at school than ever before. He's making new friends, as almost all of his class from last year ended up in a different class. But he is really enjoying it and will inform me daily of some fact he has picked up or something funny that happened at school.
In years past, I have tried to garnish ANY kind of information from Cole when picking him up from school, only to be met with either "I don't know" or "I forgot", both of which I know aren't true since he seems to have a great memory. This year, I've decided to back down and just let him talk when he's ready and ask my questions then, and there has been a lot of opportunity.
I love seeing him excited about things and hearing that he is a good friend in class. But I love our friday's most. No school. No plans. It's become our special morning, the three of us and I am loving the freedom of using that day to let all the things that usually "need" to get done in a day slide and just hang out, laugh and play.
One more thing: Cole has been asking for a backpack with wheels ever since a boy in his class had one last year. He is SO PROUD of this backpack. He rolls it around like a little business man, all careful and serious.
No comments:
Post a Comment