Saturday, October 11, 2008

One More Time...




We thought last year would be the last year we would be able to go to the fund raiser Luncheon for the Hurricanes. But surprise! One more time! I was beyond excited.

I had guessed that we would be at a table with Cam Ward, our goalie, but I was wrong. (although he was one table over). We sat with Brandon Sutter, our draft pick and rookie and from a famous hockey family. He was so absolutely pleasant and friendly, chatty, and put up with all our questions.

We snapped a picture with Brandon, and then scouted out Matt Cullen, who was trying desperately to leave. We snagged him anyway and he actually gave a nice little smile. I'm saying the word "lunch" in the picture. That's what I get for trying to make jokes with hockey players.

I also wanted to get a picture with Cam, who happily obliged.

We won't go next year unless we go in with friends to sponsor a table, which seems unlikely, but you never know....it's kind of our tradition now.

Oh, and the shirt look good, right?

No comments: