Friday, July 17, 2009

Fun with Nieces







For literally years I had been saying to Margot and Constance that we should go pottery painting together. (I love doing it, but Kevin can't think of anything more excruciating). So when we found out that Micah, Carine & family would be moving it became top priority to get this on the calendar.

We made a little date out of it, us girls, and it was so much fun. The hardest part was picking out the pottery pieces and the colors. I wasn't even sure we'd have time to paint after that, but we did, and it was really fun to watch the girls really put a lot of thought and care in choosing and painting their items.

When we were finally finished, it was time for some coffee. Decaf, of course, but I sorely underestimated the amount of sugar that comes in a Mocha. We all sipped our coffee like ladies and chatted about life in general until the sugar hit the system and the giggles struck in a big way. Constance in particular, I wasn't sure was going to recover. You could have told her you just chopped your hand off and she would find it hilarious.

I almost hated to take these girls home, we had such a nice time. I often think how wonderfully blessed I am to have ALL my nieces and nephews be such a pleasure to be around, and I'm thankful that my kids have such great examples to look up to.

No comments: