I'm not a fan of the goodbye. I'd rather just say, 'see you soon', even if "soon" is a year away.
Micah and Carine are taking a job in Louisiana and what better way to say farewell than at the fried fish place down at the Farmers Market. It has been such a treat to have their family nearby. After years of them being in Switzerland or Connecticut, we really did not take it for granted to have them a few minutes away. Especially for the kiddos, to have cousins close by who are so close to their own ages, it was a whole lot of fun. The best part of being close in proximity is the spur-of-the-moment get togethers: a walk to Mellow Mushroom, coffee and desserts afterwards, I'm-going-to-Trader-Joe's-Do-You-Need-Anything phone calls. I can say with confidence that we made the very most of the time that they lived near us. Just a few pictures of the crew hanging out and my final shot of Carine in my gift to her: the absolute largest sunglasses I could find at Target.
No comments:
Post a Comment