Thursday, July 30, 2009

Swimming Lessons






Cole loves being in the water, but in years past he hasn't taken to lessons very well. It might be the nervousness of a new thing, and a new teacher, but we'd tried a few times and never made it through a class.

Since we have a summer membership to a pool, it's been on my must-do list to get both the kids swimming. We missed all the group classes at our pool, so I signed him up for classes at the public pool through the city. He started out very hesitant, as usual, and with a few tears. But his instructor, "Big E" soon got him having fun and he really made some big strides in just one week of lessons. Thanks to Big E's fun attitude and good teaching I think we are one step closer to having a swimmer boy.

By friday I was tired of the pack up, sunscreen up, drive 15 minutes to the pool routine, but Cole went to a new level with his strokes and Adison seemed quite happy waiting patiently for him in the baby pool.

No comments: