Friday, July 31, 2009

A Night at the Beach

We checked into the hotel, shower off, rinsed off, and were coming hair when I noticed something in Adison's hair. A LOT of something. I don't have to say it, do I? You know what it was. Yes. Lice. Next thing you know, we're at the drug store buying several products and then back to the hotel to begin the painful process of combing. And combing. And combing. We treated Cole as well, just as a precaution.
It wasn't our ideal ending to such a fabulous day, but we still are proud of the fact that we had a great weekend despite that.

And sweet Adison. It was a full 7 days before she was clear, but we combed her hair twice a day, every day. I did laundry twice a day, every day. I had a lice comb overnighted to me because everything in the drug store was worthless. I'm telling you now: buy the metal comb. Order it now, even if you never think you'll need it. I ended up having a few, but not near as much as Adison. That poor girl...how did we miss it? I have no idea. We are constantly washing and combing those curls....but we made it through our first lice successful.


No comments: