Monday, October 12, 2009

3 Years Old





Adison turned 3 on October 12th and I still cannot believe it. I cannot believe my youngest is 3 whole years old. At 3, Adison is talkative, imaginative, emotional, happy, and talkative. We celebrated with Mom and Dad and cake pops and it was fun to watch her open all her special gifts. Top of the list was a shopping cart and shopping bags. She will put things in all sorts of bags and containers and drag them all over the house. Adison has a very specific sense of what she is doing when she's playing and she'll leave her mark all over the house. Over the course of a few months I have found:

-plastic animals lined up for the potty (yes, she's potty trained!)
-7 pairs of underwear stuffed in a bag
-All her babies & stuffed animals in a circle, each with a snack on a plate
-Pooky (my stuffed bear given to me by my Grandma Thompson when I was probably 11 or 12) tucked neatly into my bed, head on my pillow with a book beside him.

Despite the usual sibling squabbles, Adison loves Cole and can often make him laugh like no one else. When she stumbles onto something he thinks is hilarious, she'll do it over and over until he can hardly breathe.

We're so thankful for this little girl, and simply cannot imagine what life would be like without her.

No comments: