Today's adventure was Animal Kingdom. The kids and I had been the year before when we met Dana and her family there. The one thing I loved most was the Safari so we planned on taking Kevin and his parents on that for sure. It is simply amazing to me that in the middle of several theme parks they have managed to make an area that appears wide open and in the middle of nowhere. We saw so many animals, you almost couldn't keep up. There were all the usual suspects: zebras, elephants, giraffes, alligators and so much more. The big wow moment came when we got so close to a Rhino that I honestly wondered what was going to happen. It was a really special moment to be so close to an animal we rarely see in a zoo and never would get the chance to see so close up.
Animal Kingdom is pretty show-heavy with the Lion King and several other song-and-dance type things, but there was a really neat garden section that we walked through and were lucky enough to see not only one but two tigers. It was just spectacular to see them interact and even the tour guide - or whatever the cutesy name they give that person at the park - noted how we should get the camera out to see these two rubbing their heads together.
Kevin and I left the kids with Nancy and Fletcher at the kiddie carnival area where we went and rode their big ride attraction: Mt. Everest. I'll be honest, I thought I was a fast ride person, I thought I missed the days when I would ride fast ride after ride and not think twice about eating my weight in food before or afterwards. But shortly after Mt. Everest started, it became painfully clear that I no longer enjoy feeling like I've left my stomach three seats behind me or the sheer panic of literally not knowing what turn is next. I'm not ready to give up fast rides yet, but I do know this: I do NOT enjoy going backwards on a fast ride.
No comments:
Post a Comment