Sunday, October 04, 2009

Atlanta Girls Trip



I got the chance to go to Atlanta to see some great friends!

The trip originated when I found out U2 was having a concert there. Dana, my bestest friend from high school, had never seen them in concert and we decided it was a great idea to drive down there and meet and spend a few days together. We had a fantastic time. We literally power-shopped for a day and a half, visited the Coke museum (amazing!) and of course saw U2. I captured one (yes, only ONE!) picture with my camera. This winner of Dana was moments after I drove what seemed like an eternity around this neighborhood to find the condo we were renting. I have a lot of pictures I took with my camera that I'll upload a little later. We had a blast, and it was the first time in probably 5 years that we had done something just the two of us. After almost 20 years of friendship, it's still so fun and easy to hang out together. We talk almost every day, 5 days of the week and it's a special thing to have such a lasting friend.

I also got to visit my wonderful friend Diane who lives in Atlanta. I'm sure I've told the story of Diane and I meeting in the street outside someone's house at a church function. We were both new, and we clicked immediately. To this day when I pick up the phone and talk to her it's like no time has passed. We've had many a laughing fits together and it never takes much to get another one started.

It was a great 4 days and such a nice treat to be able to get away with good friends and relax and play!

No comments: