

Cole and I have come down with a really yucky cough and cold this week. So we've been house-bound for almost 7 straight days now. I think we are turning a corner (I hope) and we are praying that poor Kevin doesn't get it as bad as we got it. But it's been a long week full of jammies and movies, crackers and juice, naps and tissues. Two things got me through this week, though. The first is Cole's pacifier. Say what you will about pacifier use, but try as I did to keep it away from him, he would walk through the house frantically saying "passy! passy!" and it truly helped give him some comfort since his medicine options were limited. The second is the Hershey Kiss. I am not kidding when I say I believe it has medicinal powers. Nothing helped my sore throat and cough like the Kiss. It didn't over-coat and it soothed an itchy cough where cough drops were not working. Plus, it's chocolate. Kevin put up with a house turned upside down, and a blanket of tissues. But it's been some good mother-son time too. Cole, who's usally too busy to sit through a book, has spent the better part of the week in my lap listening to books. His new favorite, Sandra Boynton's "Red Hat, Green Hat." and he thinks the "oops" part is just hilarious. He has this froggy little laugh. Hopefully I will be 100% by Thursday, when we have our next Hurricanes game. I am convinced my absence is the cause for last night's 9-0 loss. :)
4 comments:
Hope you both are getting better. Good picture of passy's for all ages!
Dad
Thanks, Dad. hope we are too. Getting cabin fever. When we're all well, have to make a Joe run to celebrate.
Nice color coordinated pictures. The title of your post made me want to sing: "The hills are alive..."
Thanks "m."
Are you in the witness protection program?
Post a Comment