My grandparents were in town a few months ago, and we met them at a true southern breakfast restaurant down at the fairgrounds. The pancakes were almost bigger than the plate.
It was such a treat to have them in town for a visit. (I realize now that my dad's parents were in town for a visit also this year and I haven't even blogged that yet. I'll be searching for that picture CD after this). The kids warmed up to G.G. and Great Grandad quickly and talk about visiting them still, months after they have gone home.
I moved from Seattle so young, so I don't miss too much about the city but I do miss seeing my kids with their great-grandparents. I realize what a treasure it is for the kids to have 2 sets of great-grandparents to meet and get to know, and I do wish we lived closer so they could come to know what wonderful people they have in their family. Since I am so far behind on blogging, this doesn't begin to scratch the surface of their visit here, but I'll say that we thoroughly enjoyed it, and it ended too quickly.
No comments:
Post a Comment