Saturday, December 13, 2008

Kindred Spirits


This is my friend Diane. I am sure I have mentioned her before, but if I haven't, we met on the way into a singles social (back in the day...) at our church and hit it off immediately. So much so, that I invited her to vacation with our family a few weeks later at the beach.

Over the years lots has changed for both of us, and we no longer live in the same state but it only takes about 3 minutes on any conversation with Diane before I am laughing hysterically. She's one of those special, wonderful people who you just cherish. Time and distance don't seem to apply and whenever we talk or get to see each other it's like time hasn't passed.

She came into town a few months ago and I got to meet her sweet, sweet, little boy Samuel. This little boy is addictive. He's like a little cute-drug. It was so fun to catch up and I'm so glad they squeezed a stop at our house into their visit to NC.

No comments: