Saturday, December 13, 2008

State Fair

October is State Fair month.

I LOVE the fair. Love it. I'm not sure why really; I think maybe it's the official start of fall for me, so it's cool and you're outside and there's all the lights, sounds and smells.

We go to the fair for three reasons: the Fudge, the Bowling ball game, and the Bingo.

Kevin and I took the kids one afternoon, beat the crowds and I think they really had a wonderful time. The big draw was the Fun Slide. It was basically one of the few rides that both the kids could do, but it was surprisingly fast for something suitable for toddlers. We rode it, I think 4 times. Adison is crying because we told her we weren't going to do the slide anymore.

The animals were another favorite, and the kids really enjoyed seeing all the pigs, cows, donkeys, horses...and bee's! One exhibit had a beehive encased in glass and a tube that allowed them to enter from outside the building. Kevin is explaining things to Cole in one picture.

Kevin and I have a tradition of bingo at the fair. We (and when I say "we" I mean "I") had successful bingo win's two years in a row, so we entered with high hopes. Cole LOVED bingo and did fairly well considering we had 6 cards going at once. Adison kept busy buy piling bingo markers in the stroller, which we would only later discover. Sadly, we did not get a Bingo, but had a lot of fun and I think we have Cole hooked. Time for family Bingo night.

We also love the game where you have to roll the bowling ball over the hump and get it to stay there to get a prize. It was a slow morning there, because we played 5 or 6 times, and then the lady let us play another 5 free until we won a prize.

The Oscar Meyer Weinermobile was there again and this time it was open and we snapped a pic of a couple of cute hot dogs. :)

I could go on and on, but we had a fantastic time, and it's a tradition I really look forward to continuing with the kids.













No comments: