Kevin's parents have a wonderful camper that we've been meaning to try for quite some time. We finally found a weekend that would work and pounced on it. There's a camp ground not far from the Ashboro zoo, so we picked up the camper at their house and got the how-to. Kevin was a little hesitant driving it at first but it proved a little easier than he thought. We were off to the zoo for the morning and the kids had a great time seeing the animals.
We brought Bou along for this adventure, and while she was nervous at first she settled down pretty well. The weather was so mild that we cracked some windows and left her in the camper while we toured the zoo.
The campground was only a few miles away and from what I understand it's pretty much the Ritz Carlton of campgrounds. It was very family oriented. It had a little store, an inflatable bouncing area for kids, a shower/outhouse, a movie room, and a fishing pond. It was very nicely kept up and we parked and hooked up right away.
Kevin tried his hand at fishing with little success thank to some over-friendly ducks and geese, who were clearly used to being fed. Except for the male goose who was overprotective about his little baby geese. I seriously saw my life flash before my eyes.
We had a camp fire at night and thoroughly enjoyed our first time camping. It's something we hope to do with the kids often and this was a great first taste of it.
3 comments:
that looks fun. Not sure if it qualifies as camping....but fun!
Well it's not hard core camping like yourself...but I think it still qualifies. You should have seen some of the campers around us, some were like tour buses. Amazing. Compared to them, we were roughing it. ;)
Agree with dad in some ways no because I do not want to have to walk just to go to bathroom and also you have youger children. A trailer I agree with you I would not mind going camping then
!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment