Monday, January 05, 2009

Lousiburg Christmas Parade

Kevin's brother and family live in Louisburg, about 45 minutes away from us. It's a quaint little town that will definitely make you consider leaving the "city" and moving out of town. There is something to be said for walking almost everywhere, and there's a real sense of community up there.

We happen to have Scott's old computer and on there is a video of last year's christmas parade. The kids asked for it CONSTANTLY. And I don't blame them, it appeared that Louisburg really knows how to do a parade right.

So this year we decided to check it out first hand. It was FREEZING. BUT! We didn't battle any parking, or crowds and we were at the very beginning of the parade which has many benefits. One of them is getting pummeled by the pounds of candy they throw. I seriously think it was double what the kids got on halloween.

The best part of the parade, though, was the fire trucks. I think they had at least 7 come through (not counting ambulances...), some from other nearby cities. Cole and Adison were both beside themselves. The sirens blared until the very last one had passed. For our first Christmas parade, I cannot think of a better one to have chosen.




No comments: